Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poll Results and Thoughts

In our latest poll I asked the readers what the Royals should do with their prospects should they continue to find themselves in the middle of the AL Central race. One month later this question remains relevant and here are the results:


  • I stick with my Major Leaguers: 3 votes 10%

  • I stay the course: 13 votes 44%

  • I trade them for something useful to the Major League team: 0 votes

  • I promote them even faster: 13 votes 44%

Like the voters I am torn in between the stay the course option and the promote them even faster option. However, at this point I am leaning more towards staying the course. I have been on record saying that I believe Eric Hosmer will immediately produce when called up to the Majors. I also believe that Danny Duffy and Mike Montgomery could provide major upgrades to the big league rotation.


I am going to take this opportunity to say that I don't think now is the time to promote Montgomery. I said he'd be an upgrade, but don't be fooled by his era he is ot big league ready. he has consistently thrown a high percentage of balls in his starts and his strikeout to walk ratio this season hasn't been too flattering.


At this point though I believe the best course of action would be to see how things play out over the next month. We don't want to be fooled by a mirage and at this point I believe that is what might be happening everytime we look at the standings. If we wait a month we will have a larger sample to base decisions on and we will have effectively delayed the arbitratio clocks for any prospects that are called up.


Be sure to vote in the latest poll regarding which prospect you think will be the first to reach the Majors.

No comments:

Post a Comment