Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Royals Release 13 Minor Leaguers

News broke today that the Royals had cut ties with 13 players in their minor league system. Here are the names:

Lance Zawadzki: I liked the Zawadzki pick up a year ago. I guess he did his job and held down the fort in Omaha. Not a real shock here.

Darian Sandford: Sandford has great speed, but that's about all he has to offer. I'm mildly suprised by this one. But the fact is that despite being older than his competition and in a hitter environment he still couldn't hit this summer.

Dale Cornstubble: I thought he was interesting enough to mention him in my catcher stock watch a year ago. With that being said, I felt no emotion when I read that he had been let go.

Nick Francis: This one is a bit of a shock. I really liked Francis's power potential. However, he had been suspended from drugs twice and the Royals already have several tweener outfield prospects in their upper levels.

Gerald Hall: Speedy infielder, that never really showed enough to think that he could be anything more than a low level roster filler.

Joey Lewis: Lewis was a a good player to have in the organization, with his ability to play both catcher and first. But no loss by cutting ties.

Steven Brooks, Casey Edelbrock, Justin Fredejas, Derek Hamblen, Nathan Johnson, Paul Krebs, and Robbie Penny: Umm.. I never knew we had any of these guys anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment