Friday, September 28, 2012

New Guy #1

Before I commence my days as a blogger, I want to start off by saying how proud I am of my good friend, Landon.  He started this blog just as a way to keep his love for baseball going during the off-season.  He kept it going, and it turned into one of the more popular Royals blogs you can find.  Unfortunately, he won't be able to contribute due to his new job, so he has asked myself and two other friends to continue to write for Royal Revival.  I am very excited for this opportunity and I hope I can write quality material, just as Landon has done.  He's very excited about where his career has taken him, and we couldn't be happier for our buddy!  Here's to Landon!

I'll make this short and sweet for my debut post.  I've been a Royals fan since I went to my first game back in '96.  I have attended the past 6 home openers and boy, have they been interesting.  My personal favorite was watching Gil Meche's dominant debut against the Red Sox in '07.  That same day began the Alex Gordon era, or as we called him at the time, "The Messiah".

I will do my very best to help run Royal Revival, discussing the news and rumors at hand with an unbiased view, leaving the pessimistic thoughts off the table.  I know the season is in the final stretch, with expectations far from met, but some things did look pretty nice this season: The monster year from Billy Butler, a.k.a. #CountryBreakfast (courtesy of @pcbearcat), solid performaces from both, Alcides Escobar and Alex Gordon, and of course, The Man, The Myth, The Legend: Sal Perez.  We have much to do this winter if we want to be successful next season, which is a given.  I get frustrated just like most Royals fans, but I won't give up hope.  Once October 3rd comes and goes, it'll be a new season.  Like Landon said in his very first post nearly three years ago: There is reason to be excited. There is reason to hope. And most importantly there is reason to expect a Royal Revival.  

That's me and I'm outta here (for the night),

Daniel Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment