Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meet Nicholas Ian Allen


Hello Royals Fans!

Greetings from Ridgeland, Mississippi - my new home after spending the last three seasons as a front office executive with the Helena Brewers, Pioneer League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Prior to my stint in Helena, I spent three years teaching social studies and coaching baseball and football in Athens, Georgia - my home state.

Like my new best friends Dayton Moore and Ned Yost, I have roots with the Atlanta Braves. My coming of age as a baseball fan coincided with one of the most impressive runs ever for a Major League franchise. The 1990s were truly an ideal time to grow up in Atlanta. 

With that experience in mind, I have great optimism for the Kansas City Royals. The feel of the franchise reminds me of those late '80s and early '90s Braves teams. Built on a foundation of homegrown talent, with assembled veterans and a farm system that ranks among the best in baseball, the Royals will be a fun team to watch in 2014. I look forward to sharing my observations, insight and analysis with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment